Archive

Posts Tagged ‘Domino’

Domino 8.5.1 mail routing problem solved

September 1st, 2010 No comments

After upgrading our Domino servers to 8.5.1 FP2,  I noticed an intermittent issue where mail to the outbound SMTP relay would simply stop. No warning, no errors, just . . . nothing. Internal mail to other Domino servers would run just fine. Restarting the router resolved the issue every time.

I thought there was a fix in FP3 related to problem messages, but that didn’t do it either.

After opening a PMR with IBM, we ended up changing two things:

  1. Removing the SMTPTimeoutMultiplier setting. Not sure where or how I picked that up, but messing with that is apparently only necessary in some Notes client situations.
  2. Disabling inbound and outbound pipelining in the global SMTP settings in the server config documents.

After restarting the server, the problem has not recurred.

Categories: Domino Tags: , ,

Domino and Kerberos SSO

March 11th, 2010 No comments

Having pretty good luck with this, once the pieces were in place. Security gave me permission to use an existing attribute in AD, so we don’t have to mess with ADAM. That’s working fine, and I finally figured out the right configuration for the browser:

Local Intranet – can contain the FQDN of the Kerberos-enabled host, but can get by with a wildcard (e.g., *.acme.com)

Proxy Exceptions list – If you’re using a proxy, the FQDN of the Kerberos-enabled Domino host must be in this list, and it must come before any wildcard entries. A wildcard entry by itself will, in fact, break Domino SSO (not so for SharePoint on Kerberos SSO). So, if you have a FQDN like domino.acme.com and you also need *.acme.com in the Exceptions list, domino.acme.com must come first.

Categories: Domino Tags: , ,

Domino 8.5 installed

February 10th, 2009 No comments

I just installed Domino 8.5 gold on my server running OpenSuse 10.3 with the latest updates. No real issues, though the server suddenly stopped when I had it running in -listen mode for setup. Other than that, it’s been chugging along.

Installed the TaskJam application from Elguji. Works great, but I may have to find some way to write a web interface for it for my handheld (iPhone).

Categories: Domino Tags: ,